Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year!  It’s New Year’s Eve here in Mutomo, with only a few minutes left of 2013.  It’s been a fantastic year.  My first few months here in Kenya have had many ups and downs.  It’s been a challenge adjusting to work in a new hospital environment where resources are limited and suffering is abundant.  It can be easy to feel down here when things aren’t going right. 

I’ve never been too fond of New Year’s resolutions, but I’ve decided to make one this year…

…to remain happy.  

It may sound a bit corny, but that's my resolution.  When things around me are looking sad, I’ve decided not to let it get me down.  There’s so much to be happy about.  How many people get a chance in life to live in Africa for a year, to meet so many new people, to help others in need, and have so many new experiences?  

To celebrate the New Year, and say goodbye to the old one, here are a few slides I've put together showing some of the friends I’ve made, the places I’ve seen, and the happy times I’ve had so far.  Enjoy…



HAPPY New Year 2014!

1 comment:

  1. Should old acquaintance be forgot
    And never brought to mind
    Should all acquaintance be forgot
    And auld lang syne...
    We too have paddled in the stream
    From morning sun to night
    But the seas between us broad have roared
    From auld lang syne...
    HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete