Sunday, April 13, 2014

HALFWAY



Mutomo after an afternoon rain.

Today marks six months to the day since I landed in Kenya.  My first impression as I drove into the dusty town of Mutomo was, “What have I gotten myself into?”  I didn’t know how I was going to survive a whole year here.  And yet half a year later it has become a second home, and I find myself thanking God for having given me this opportunity.  I can’t believe I’m already halfway through my year.  The time is slipping away so fast!  I’m excited for the day I see home again, and yet I dread the day when I have to say goodbye to this beautiful place.
Last Sunday Mass at Ndiini outstation.

Mutomo town viewed from above.

Another new baby Eric.  Spent the last week struggling to breathe, on oxygen and antibiotics.  But he's doing well and was discharged home with his mother today.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Eric. So cool. This has been such a life and learning experience. Great job. You are becoming a better nurse and person through this experience.

    ReplyDelete